Coal mining began in the Southern coalfields in 1849. Over the last century and a half, the quality of coking coal produced by the region’s mines has become greatly prized by steelmakers around the world for its excellent metallurgical properties. Similarly, steaming coal from the Western coalfields is highly regarded by energy producers.
The vision of PKCT is to be a valued link in the global coal supply chain. PKCT is a flexible coal terminal, loading valuable coal and bulk products resources.
PKCT has excellent rail receival facilities connected to the NSW rail network.
- We receive 60% of coal by rail
- 7 trains per day at 3,300 tonnes per train
- Around 420 truck movements a day
- Trucks deliver 40 tonnes of coal on each trip
- PKCT’s stockyard 50m wide by 1km long and can accommodate up to 850,000 tonnes of coal